The motu proprio “Traditiones Custodes” issued today abrogates the previous legislation of “Summorum Pontificum” insofar as it differs from the terms of the new legislation.
- All priests have to obtain permission to celebrate the EF, stating their acceptance of the Liturgical Reforms of Vatican II.
- Priests ordained after today need a further permission.
- No new groups may be founded using the EF.
- A priest is to be appointed to administer the EF in each diocese
- All Ecclesia Dei communities are now under Congregation for Religious.
- The EF is now under CDWDS rather than the CDF.
- Readings at Mass are to be in vernacular.
- A Bishop may determine on which days EF may be celebrated.
- A Bishop may designate one or more places in his diocese where the EF may be celebrated. Such a place may not be a parish church.